Questions 1 - 4
Match each statement with the correct person. Write the correct answer A-D in boxes 1-4 on your answer sheet.
1. Opportunities to fund expenses through casual work increase the volume of visitors to a particular destination.
2. Attitude to the tourism industry of the local people has had a positive impact on visitor numbers
3. Diverse attractions mean a destination is able to appeal to a wider range of people
4. Motivations for different approaches to travel by different generations List of People
A. Simon Hartwell
B. Brian Johnson
C. Thomas Cooper
D. Rebecca Thompson
Do the following statements agree with the views given in Reading Passage. Write
YES if the statement agrees with the views given
NO if the statement contradicts the views given
NOT GIVEN if it is impossible to say
5. Interaction with others is generally more difficult when travelling alone than in normal life situations.
6. Travelling by plane to other domestic destinations in Australia is cheaper than other forms of transport.
7. Train travel in Vietnam can be too time-consuming for short visits.
8. Experienced backpackers rarely travel to destinations such as Australia.
Complete the notes below. Choose NO MORE THAN TWO WORDS from the passage for each answer. Write your answers in boxes 9-11 on your answer sheet.
Vietnam - tourism industry growing as is its (9) ___________.
Thailand - certain (10) ______________ are advisable - e.g. wash fruit
Australia - Great Barrier Reef can be described as a (11) ___________ .